KABATAAN PARTYLIST is the first and only youth partylist group in the Philippine congress today. With the continuing attacks of the state on its people’s rights, it is the youth’s duty to remain at the forefront of students’ and peoples’ campaigns.
KABATAAN PARTYLIST is a large network of energized and pro-active young people who are leaders in various organizations, formations, and barkadas. Our members from across the regions represent diverse interests, backgrounds, and social status, tied by a common vision of a better future for the youth and for the nation.
Together with some of its founding organizations – the National Union of Students, College Editors Guild, the League of Filipino Students, Student Christian Movement of the Philippines, Anakbayan and Kabataang Artisa para sa Tunay na Kalayaan – Kabataan Party-list vigorously campaigns for youth and students’ interests and demands concerning education and employment.
Kabataan partylist remains at the forefront of youth and students’ campaigns against unabated tuition and miscellaneous fee increases, for higher state subsidy for education, adequate jobs for new graduates, the defense and recognition of human rights and civil liberties which include consumer rights and the right to health, and the protection and conservation of national patrimony. It continues to give primacy to the promotion of holistic development and genuine youth empowerment.
Our Common Vision
KABATAAN PARTYLIST believes that the youth should devote its intellect, energy, and courage to building a new society devoid of corruption, inequality, and social injustice.
It supports youth and student-led organizations working for social, political, economic, cultural and environmental justice in the Philippines, and enjoins youth from all walks of life to foster active participation in nation-building, good governance and social change.
Our Collective Mission
KABATAAN PARTYLIST is working to galvanize the Filipino youth’s unity for social change. It encourages the youth to work collectively with other sectors to build a bright future. It upholds, promotes, and defends the interest of the youth to be able to harness its fullest potential as a sector.
Program of Action
- Empower the youth to encourage them to take on active participation in nation-building, good governance, and social change.
- Uphold the youth’s fundamental rights and democratic interests (education, employment, environment, sports, health, etc.)
- Assert the youth’s right to decent living, equal opportunities, and humane living conditions.
- Assert and safeguard national independence, respect for national patrimony, love, and loyalty to the country.
- Guarantee the participation and representation of the youth in all affairs of governance and decision-making bodies of government.